Saturday, February 5, 2011

Hanging Out With Elena!


We've spent the afternoon at Primary Children's with Elena. Her mom and dad had a much-needed break and went to a BYU basketball game. As of this writing, Elena is unhooked from the IV and bouncing around the room. The biggest challenge is keeping her from falling off the bed in her enthusiasm. Although her ANC is very low and her hematacrit is low, the fever is gone and she seems well. I'm not the doctor, but I'm guessing she'll be headed for home soon.

Highlights of the afternoon were:
*watching her wave at another bald child outside her door
*listening to her sing "I am a Child of God"
*snuggling with her on her bed for two hours while we tried (unsuccessfully) to take a nap
*having her roll over spontaneously and say, "I love you, Grandma!"
*and a surprise visit and tea party from Belle and her prince!


4 comments:

Christy said...

those make a wish people are so awesome! one of elena's wish granters were there when amy and i visited and he was so sweet with elena. i'm glad you guys could spend some time with her! i'm keeping my fingers crossed for today...

Amy said...

It is so cool how much make a wish does for these kids! I love it. I'm glad you got to spend the time with Elena. Love that girl. She says the greatest things. Wish I could record them all!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Liz and Alan for staying with her so The kids could get away. Especially thank you for the picture!

Briana said...

i love your list of highlights. so sweet. thanks again a million for staying with elena - we had a blast at the basketball game. it was nice to get away and think about something other than a hospital for a few hours and feel like a husband and wife, you know? :)