Thursday, March 12, 2009

Soapboxes

A couple of days ago Julie and I were talking about work. (For anyone who doesn't know, she works at the school with me.) And she commented that she's definitely developed some soapboxes in the short time she's worked there. I was delighted! Perhaps I am not the strange creature I imagine myself to be when I read all of your blogs and instead of thinking, "How fun!" I think, "What an enriching environment they are providing! Bet he/she won't have any trouble with scientific notation."

So now that I know that soapboxing is a normal job hazard, can I just give you all kudos for doing a great job of providing enriching environments, adequate grooming, nutritious meals, and lots of love for all your little ones! It makes my heart sing when I read about your routines, your adventures, and most of all--your love!

Here's to all our children being "above average!" (Apologies to Garrison Keller!)

3 comments:

Christy said...

so glad i'm above average! yipee!

Briana said...

well... hmmm... I don't know about that with what you're reading on our blog... because I feel like Elena watches too many movies, doesn't eat enough vegetables, that I lose my patience with her way too quickly, and that we just do the same old things every day (watch too many movies, etc.) I wish I could be a fly on the wall for a day in some of your homes, so that I could figure out how to be a good mom :)

Amy said...

Thanks mom. I know you mean that. But Jo's in the 3rd percentile weight wise. Sigh. I don't know how to get more meat on those chicken legs. But, we do have a lot of books (thanks to you guys) and crayons:) Two important things.