I just attended my first ever real pageant. (Unless, of course, you count Mr. Springville, which I've attended several times, but don't count.) We went because one of Julie's best friends was competing.
So I just have to revisit an old issue: Come on, Folks! Swimsuits?! And yes, they were accessorized with the standard high heels.
The introduction to the swimsuit competition did provide the best line of the night however. They announced that it was to show physical, emotional, and intellectual fitness!
So what are we judging here? Who has the smartest looking legs???? Or which of the girls is most comfortable (therefore most emotionally fit) parading in near nakedness in front of 800 cheering fans????
So wrong!
5 comments:
DUMB. i think those pageants are ridiculous period, even if they didn't have the swimsuit portion. i remember when i went to miss springville, a little concerned that it might make me feel like, "man, all those girls are so much prettier/more talented than me" and all i really thought was, "wow. they sure looked silly." mr. springville's lots better. at least then they're SUPPOSED to look silly.
what in the world? intellectual fitness? Eric and I tried, but we just can't figure that one out. The only thing we can come up with is that maybe they have to have studied how to get so toned and in shape.....? dumb, dumb, dumb
seriously, why do they even have a swimsuit competition these days? I think it's pretty obvious to tell if people are in shape, just from evening gowns and such. At lease you can tell that they are in shape enough... honestly....!
so, how did Jenna do?
She did fabulously! Her talent was definitely one of the top two. A total slam dunk. And she looked beautiful. But she didn't make the top four. We were surprised. Dad and I both thought she'd be one of the top two.
Thats horrible! Just contributes to the insecurity girls are already born with... Society needs to change. There is too much emphasis on "looks" that it makes everyone uncomfortable in their own skin! ugh!
I could rage for a long time about this. But we've already talked and you already know that:) It's just dumb. It makes me sad that those girls would give in to such a low system. Do they not have more respect for their bodies?
Post a Comment