Thirty-five years later--
 |
| Nearly thirty-six years ago, I moved into an apartment just a few blocks south of BYU campus, Crown 3. Although it wasn't the nicest place I looked at, and although I didn't know any of my future roommates, it just felt like the right place to live. These five girls would become cherished friends. |
 |
Crown 3: Sindy, Tracy, Lisa, Maureen, Laurene and me
Last week I met two of them at The Olive Garden for lunch. We talked for six hours! Catching up, reminiscing, philosophizing. We remembered the bond we had those many years ago, how we talked and talked and talked (and occasionally visited Baskin Robbins). How we ate together every night (and always included at least a couple of handsome young men who paid for the privilege of sharing our table.) We were a family then!
|
 |
| Thirty-five years later, with Sindy & Laurene |
We discussed the events which made up the fabric of our lives and how each of our lives have taken different directions than those we anticipated when we sat on the floor and dreamed together those many years ago. We shared what we knew about our missing roommates, marveling at the many experiences that had come into our collective lives. None of us has been spared life's challenges, but we talked about how those experiences had strengthened us and our faith.
My mind was flooded with memories as the years melted away. We laughed and shared and encouraged. What a delightful way to spend an afternoon!
2 comments:
that's so fun! i could still pick out which roommates were in the after picture without looking at names. see, you all haven't changed that much! :)
I had no idea this happened! That is so cool Mom! I want to hear more about it.
Post a Comment