Friday, July 20, 2012

On the Way to Atlanta

With a baby poised to be born at any moment, an invitation to attend her birth, and two stand-by tickets, I'm on my way to Atlanta.  Today I made it as far as Salt Lake, before I had to turn back.

But my luggage arrived in Atlanta just ten minutes ago.

I'm back in Springville, laundering today's clothes so I can wear them again tomorrow because the rest of my summery clothes are in Georgia, checking things out ahead of me.  I trust that they're enjoying some southern hospitality while they wait for me.

So I'll be on the way again--tomorrow!   (Uglier--since my curling iron and mascara are hanging out with my pants and shirts.  At least I found an extra toothbrush hanging around!  I think an essentials kit should be offered to everyone who is separated from her luggage.)  Anyway the helpful guy on the phone said the best way for me to get to Atlanta is going to be through Las Vegas.  MapQuest disagrees.  Still, Mr. Helpful said that flight is "wide-open" so it looks like Andrew and I will be pausing in Vegas for a couple of hours, on our way to Atlanta.

Tomorrow.

(I've been trying to remember the exact wording of the helpful person who yesterday suggested today's best option.  And I'm hoping that tomorrow's flight will be more "wide-open" than today's was.)

4 comments:

Christy said...

oh, darnit. the risk you take with super cheap tickets, but it still stinks. we've been lucky and always made it on the flight we've wanted. i hope you make it today! you're bound to!

PS- this really is starting to remind me of October!

Bill Hastings said...

Good luck!

Amy said...

So sorry Mom! Hopefully you got there okay!

Briana said...

airport drama! i had some of the myself on my flight home a couple of weeks ago. it is stressful! i'm assuming you're there by now, though. :)

can't wait to hear/see your reports of that cute little one! :)