Saturday, December 18, 2010

Small World!

Today Andrew went to a birthday party. As he was preparing to leave, he mentioned his friend's full name was Wilford . . . Kimball III. A light went on. The man who sealed us in the temple on that fateful day in August, the father of the missionary who baptized Alan's parents, was Wilford Kimball. No way!

So Andrew called his friend and asked him if someone in his family was named Wayne. Ah yes, his grandfather! So there you have it: one of Andrew's best friend's grandpa taught and baptized Andrew's grandparents in Chicago about forty-five years ago! And his great-grandpa sealed us thirty-two years ago! (Doesn't that sound like a President Monson story?)

Andrew says he thinks they're going to be friends for a long time, and I think he's right!


6 comments:

Bill Hastings said...

Amazing!

Christy said...

That is pretty nuts! Small world indeed!

Amy said...

That is so cool! It would be fun to meet his grandpa some day!

Nana's Spot said...

Can't believe it! I'd say, "What a small world," but you are living in "mormondom." Isn't that a neat story, though? I hope it gets back to Wayne.

Liz said...

Nana: (Does this mean you're going to become a blogger?) It already has gotten back to Wayne! Chase's parents called him as soon as they found out. Turns out he lives in Springville . . . so next time you're out, you'll have to look him up!

Briana said...

I agree: Grandma H., you should start blogging! We love hearing from you. :)

Mom, like I said last night - that is SO crazy! And cool!