Since I am nearing the end of my novel rewrite--nearing being a relative term you understand--I'd like some feedback on titles. One you'll recognize, since it's the one I've been using (provided by Danny). The others were suggestions from the professional readers who evaluated my manuscript. So the question is--which of these titles would most make you pull the book off the shelf?! (Feel free to provide your own suggestions.)
*Galactic Gold
*Black Jade
*Jade
*Jaded
*Searching for Jade
*Searching for True Treasure
*The Price of Jade
FYI, I'm just over 300 pages into my rewrite; it's current length is 367 pgs, but will probably grow some before it's finished.
8 comments:
What is this? "The Price of Jade" Rocks! They gave you the others as suggestions? Some of them are very lame. "The Price of Jade" is most definitely the most intriguing!
I agree with Julie, "The Price of Jade" caught my attention right out of the gate. Now I want to read it! Any chance I can get an autographed copy, I have an in with the son of the author. Good luck with the finishing touches. See you in a couple of weeks.
Definitely "Price of Jade" or "Black Jade." The others don't do it for me.
I'm with everyone else, the price of jade is the best by far. Some of those other titles are straight up laughable. Who are the dorks making these suggestions over at covenant? Sounds like they need to hire Danny.
Yes, I agree with everyone else. I think the best titles are the ones that beg a question. "The Price of Jade." What's the price? Christy did a post on her blog entitled "We wore jackets to prove it." To prove what? You have to have an answer. And to get that answer, you have to read the book.
am I even aloud to vote?
Duh.
Mom, I try to be a humble person. I really do. But in this case, I'm ashamed to think that you are even considering the other titles as competitors to MY title! Gees, louise!
Danny
And by the way, I won't be offended if you pick one of the lame ones. Can't wait for a first edition!
yeah... ditto to the general consensus. most of those other titles are laughable and very, very cheesy. "galactic gold"?? did that person even read your book? and "searching for true treasure" sounds like a cheesy reject mormon novel that dad brings home from the samples at seagull. i really can't believe they even suggested like 3/4 of those titles. "The Price of Jade" is the best by far.
can't wait to get a finished copy!
Post a Comment