Friday, October 8, 2010

Thank you--

I find myself completely unable to express the feelings in my heart, and so I will simply say thank you--to all of you who are helping to ease the burdens of those I love so much.
To Genea, who is the best second mother for my precious son I can imagine: thank you for making cookies and tee shirts, and driving long hours to be here.
To Christy & Tom: thank you for mothering Elena, for giving her steroids and taking her to the park, and reading her stories and treating her like your own, when her own Mom and Dad can't.
To Jenny & Eric and Danny & Kristi: thank you for being here in your hearts, when you can't be here in person. We miss you.
To Amy & Ryan and Julie & Rob: Thank you for bringing meals and babysitting so they can have an occasional evening out.
To Andrew: Thank you for laying on Elena's bed with her to watch movies and getting her to smile when nobody else can.
To Alan: Thank you for Priesthood Blessings, for listening, for sharing.
To my brothers, neices, nephews and friends: Thank you for your prayers, for your faith, for your concern.
To Eric & Briana: Thank you for your neverending example of courage and faith.
Now--let's light up the night!






















4 comments:

Briana said...

Ditto to everything. Eric and I have found ourselves totally overwhelmed by the goodness of the people in our lives. We love you all!

We are so excited for tomorrow night!

Christy said...

it's been pretty amazing how it has all come together. we are very excited for tonight, too!

Me said...

GO Elena!!!

Anonymous said...

No Liz, It is I who should thank you for all you do. I know you keep telling me you don't do enough but you do. You love my girl and are there when she needs you and I can't be. You have raised an awsome family that is there and has taken Briana in as one of their own. Mostly you and Alan make us feel so apart of your family when we are there. You are great friends. Thank you!