Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring Break!

So I've been looking at all your Spring Break posts with pictures of happy vacationers, enjoying the spring weather, hiking in the red rocks, breathing in all that fresh air. So I thought I'd share our spring break activities (although unfortunately, I don't have any photos to share).

Andrew read three books while he watched me sew (and mourned that he ran out of reading material before he ran out of vacation). He also mourned that almost all his friends were on vacation.

Julie took her finals, worked at Yummies, did playground duty a couple of days, went out to dinner with a classmate of Christy's who bashed on BYU and failed to impress.

Danny worked, got his marriage license, packed his room, watched the mail for honeymoon stuff and burned the evidence when it came and . . .

Dad worked, hung out with me while I sewed, helped do taxes, and spent his exciting day off cleaning furniture and carpet.

And I shopped for a dress (can we just dub that an ego-destroying day?!), sewed 24 hrs. in two days (and finished the five bridesmaid dresses!), bought ties, ordered flowers, did taxes, laundry, cleaning and errands.

Monday it's back to work, feeling rejuvenated and ready to go!

6 comments:

Christy said...

hey, at least you got the bridesmaid dresses done so you won't have to be stressed this next week!

can't wait to see you guys-- we'll be there in 24 hours!

Anna said...

That is pretty impressive sewing! Big week coming up for you guys!!! See you on Saturday.

Briana said...

"feeling rejuvenated" :) really? you guys were busy, busy, but it sounds like you got A LOT done! that is a good feeling too - almost as good as relaxing :)

Jack said...

Thanks just doesn't cover it...does it. THANK YOU!!! You guys are so wonderful!

Bill Hastings said...

Have a great weekend!

Lisa said...

Wow, what a week! My mom was just telling me about all these dresses and how much work they are... Very impressive! I'm sure everything will turn out beautifully! Good luck tomorrow... we'll see you at the reception!