Monday, December 29, 2008

Catching up and Celebrating the Unplanned!

I've been without internet access for a couple of lonely, sad months, with only brief moments here and there when I've tried to snatch a few moments at someone else's computer and tried to reconnect.  Such is the case now:  I find myself in Tucson with a computer at my disposal, and having deleted all the hundreds of read and unread emails, I think it's time for a short update to my readers--whoever, or wherever they may be!

It's nearly a new year, and like every other year, and with some time away from the routine, I find myself thinking about change.  Not to be confused with resolutions because that sounds so like everyone else (and--let's be honest--so won't happen).  Stuff I just need to do because. Here's to a fabulous 2009 that's filled with many accomplishments:  becoming healthy, becoming organized, and seeing my name on the cover of a book.  Taking control of my life in the smallest ways:  the inevitable five o'clock dinner question comes to mind as well as about a hundred other little things that just need to be planned. 

For instance, why can't I meet a December 1 deadline if I can meet a December 25 deadline?  It's questions like that which have been occupying my mind lately.  

As for celebrating the unplanned, we were the happy hosts of unhappy Christmas guests who wanted to be elsewhere but were determined to make the most of a situation which was beyond their control.  We loved sharing Christmas with Eric, Briana, Elena, and Danielle!  Thanks for hanging out with us!  And now we're enjoying a few impulsive days in Tucson, giving horsie rides to the grandkids and playing games with their parents!  So good to see Christy, Tom & Sophie and Jenny, Eric, Parker, Caleb & Maren.  Thanks for letting us crash your party!

Tomorrow we return to the snow, our young single adult kids, our puppy and our routine, our cups filled and ready to go to work!  

Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Bill Hastings said...

Good to hear from you again! Tucson sounds like fun. Enjoy!

Christy said...

so glad you could come down to tucson even though we only got to see you for a few days. we had so much fun.

happy new year!

Lisa said...

Good to see your back! I saw Grandma and Grandpa on our way back home and she filled me in a little on your Christmas. Hope you had a great time in Tucson seeing your girls and their families :)

Heres to a New Year! I'm making a huge resolutions list... in hope of concouring at least ONE!

Briana said...

Hooray! Glad you had a minute to catch up! I was thinking about what you wrote for your resolutions (specifically seeing your name on the cover of a book) and thought that you made awesome progress in 2008 (finishing the book) and so that is one resolution that you can be very proud about sticking to!

Anyways :) thanks for letting us crash your Christmas celebrations! We appreciate that your always willing to have us!

Bill Hastings said...

P.S. Keep us posted on the book progress!