That's it. I've been sitting in front of this computer screen for close to two hours and all I have to show for it is about 100 words. How can it be that something so much a part of me, something that screams to be heard--can be so much like pulling teeth some days?! I feel like whoever it was (a name you would recognize) who, the story is told, was found distraught one day and asked, "How many words did you get today?" He said something like "five" and then wailed, "But I don't know what order they go in."
But I'm so close! I've passed my 60,000 word goal, the characters are converging and the plot is winding down. Why is it so hard now?
P.S. I have yet to hear a single title suggestion . . .
5 comments:
congrats! i have no title suggestions, but i'm also not sure exactly what the book is about... so give me some more details and i'll come up with something brilliant, i'm sure. :)
"Donde esta?"
sounds like you're getting close! everyone has those days though, so don't get discouraged. I'm with Christy - I don't know what the book is about really either in order to offer title suggestions... maybe you should do an advanced reading, so that we can help you come up with title suggestions. :)
Fight Win!! you can do it mom, I need to know that it can be done.
You can do it Mom! Remember, it doesn't have to be perfect the first time. Just get it onto the computer and then fiddle! Name it: well you'd have to let me read it to suggest a name. Silly Mom. All I know is that it's a mystery in South/Central America. So I guess you could name it that: A Mystery in South/Central America. Dun dun dunnn!
Post a Comment