Sunday, February 17, 2008

Best Weekend Ever!

First there was the dinner-dance Friday night, and aside from a few minor blips, it was a huge success! High moments included watching Amy & Ryan tap dance, Eric & Briana cha cha, Kyle Dugovic break dance and Fawn Killpack fast dance! Dancing my favorite dance, the West Coast Swing, with Eric also has to be at the top of the list, as well as dancing with my forever sweetheart.

It was great to see it all come together (i.e. everybody else do their jobs!) with the decorations, cooking the food, bringing desserts by the trillions, and just showing up dressed to kill! People even stayed after the closing prayer and kept dancing until the guy came for his equipment! And--we had several "singles" come, which pleased me greatly. It definitely was "an evening to remember" and people in the ward are asking about another one. (I think we'll call it "Another evening to remember.") I've had a couple of nights sleep, so I'm up for it :)

Saturday was a great day to lay around and not do much. Knowing that Monday was coming (and another day off) I didn't even have to feel guilty about the lack of doing. Dad and I spent some time listening to music (including "our song" which Dad had found, but didn't play Friday night) and flying "A" dog.

Saturday night was Mr. Springville: another fun night
watching Julie announce and "her man" perform. They both did wonderfully.



And Sunday is always good, but especially so because 1) we went to Ben's homecoming, 2) we went to 1st ward to hear Dad's amazing talk, 3) I didn't teach primary--i.e. no small children tried to stick my fingers in their mouths! and 4) I am anticipating an evening with my children, eating yummy food and playing games--without even having to clean up or fix much of the food! Thanks Briana!
And tomorrow is another day full of great possibilities--including, and not to be underestimated--being able to sleep in and reading Danny's email!
Life just doesn't get better than this!

7 comments:

Briana said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Thanks for coming over last night! We had so much fun! Aren't three day weekends the best? Then Saturday is a do whatever you want guilt free day!

p.s. Speaking of three day weekends, Eric and I were talking a couple of days ago and we think that we should try and plan another camping trip to Southern Utah with all the family. Last year was so much fun!

Liz said...

I've wondered about that. We have a week off for Spring Break in April, but I'm guessing that's really bad timing for everyone else. It usually hits the week before finals.

What about right after Danny gets home? Several people have mentioned Goblin Valley. What does everyone think? And those of you who have served missions, what's the best way to handle the first week or so for him? Activities? Camping? Time for laying around? A mixture, with day trips planned? What's the best thing to help with the post-mission adjustment?

Bill Hastings said...

Sounds wonderful. Wish we could have been there.

Anna said...

What fun!!!

Christy said...

sounds like a grreat weekend! i'm glad we could at least be there for the sunday dinner! one more time, that salmon was amazing.

and yes yes, we would like to go camping! tom still hasn't gone to goblin valley, which is just wrong as far as i'm concerned. but of course, it would have to be before danny's home if we were going to go. but briana, if the fam can't do it before then, maybe we should go as couples. tom basically has a three day weekend every weekend because he doesn't have class on mondays.

and as for the missionary thing, as i've already told you, i think it's best to have lots of activities planned. if he's anything like me, he'll feel like he's laying around no matter what, so he probably won't need too much time to literally lay around. just my opinion.

Briana said...

Sounds good to me! Lets do both - couples camping before Danny gets home and then family camping after Danny gets home. When exactly do you guys leave for Texas, Christy?

So, Mom, should we tenatively plan for a trip for right around when Danny gets home?

Ryan said...

Love the weekends, couldn't survive without them. It was great to be able to see the fam so much. Thanks for letting us crash in your living room.

I think its up to the missionary, I personally loved having a day or two to just veg and realize that I'm home off a mission, there will be plenty of time later on for him to go a million miles an hour.