Things I won't miss:
- Reorganizing visiting teaching
- Emails from the stake RS president reminding me about things I all ready know
- Panicing when the RS teacher doesn't show up until after the opening song and prayer
- Feeling ultimately responsible when anything doesn't go well
- Feeling guilty because I haven't been inside every single sister in the ward's house (and even have some I wouldn't recognize if I saw them on the street--YIKES!) and haven't activated every single sister in the ward and haven't convinced all the young singles 18-30 that they really do want to come to our activities.
- Worrying that there isn't enough food at enrichment meetings, socials and funerals.
- Writing the ward newsletter and then waiting to see how it gets edited. (An editor is not supposed to introduce errors in a text!)
- Did I mention reorganizing visiting teaching?!
Things I will miss:
- Having people confide in me when they see me at the grocery store, the school, on the street, and in their homes.
- Being there at some of the most tender, most sacred moments when people are dying and being born or are suffering with serious challenges.
- The privilege of helping people fill their pantries with food and always giving a hug.
- Being aware of needs, and being aware of the incredible goodness of so many people who rise to the challenge and help each other--especially those who do it while carrying heavy burdens of their own.
- Interacting regularly with Priesthood leaders and seeing how very much they care.
- Being able to help plan and implement programs and activities that I feel are important.
- Knowing everyone who walks into the chapel every Sunday--and if I don't know them, know that I can ask them if they're new without being embarrassed!
- Working closely and becoming good friends with the wonderful ladies who served with me.
- And so much more!
5 comments:
i can definitely see how that would be bittersweet. i bet you'll enjoy having a little more time though... assuming you don't get another huge calling!
I had similar feelings, not exactly the same obviously, when I came home from my mission. I didn't necessarily miss all the work, but I missed the people I came to love and the chance to serve them daily.
Wow. Released. You have been an excellent president. I can't think of a woman who would love the sisters of our ward more. I'm sure you will be missed. On the other hand... more time to babysit Jo, right? Love you Mom!
Of course more time to babysit Jo!
When I told Andrew I was being released, he said, "REALLY!?"
"Do you know what that means?" I ask.
"Yeah, no more visiting."
That is bittersweet! I liked your list. Its nice that you will have some more time now (hopefully!), but how neat to look back on all the wonderful blessings that came from your calling that might not be obvious at first.
Briana
Post a Comment